Welcome to my World

Welcome to the domain different--to paraphrase from New Mexico's capital city of Santa Fe which bills itself "The City Different." Perhaps this space is not completely unique but my world shapes what I write as well as many other facets of my life. The four Ds figure prominently but there are many other things as well. Here you will learn what makes me tick, what thrills and inspires me, experiences that impact my life and many other antidotes, vignettes and journal notes that set the paradigm for Dierdre O'Dare and her alter ego Gwynn Morgan and the fiction and poetry they write. I sell nothing here--just share with friends and others who may wander in. There will be pictures, poems, observations, rants on occasion and sometimes even jokes. Welcome to our world!

Wednesday, January 8, 2020

New Home--Part II

I'll add a few more photos in a bit but just want to say a little more about my new home. It is almost uncanny how from the first few days, it felt like home and several favorite places such as on the back patio/courtyard in warm weather and in a sheltered spot in front of the garage now that winter has come hold such a sense of peace and calm. There is a serene aura somehow. It is easier not to worry, fret and agonize over the many 'what ifs' that life can run past you at odd times. I will always be a worry wart but I do not find myself getting totally into a kitty-played yarn ball where I cannot break free these days. I may still borrow that neat trick of writing down a worry I want to shelve for a bit, tying the paper into a roll with a twine or ribbon and sticking it in the freezer! It sounds silly but it really does help--especially if you visualize that issue going dormant in the cold and not haunting you until you are ready to deal with it.

It won't be long until hints of spring begin to appear. There will still be cold, windy and wet or even sn*wy days  but spring will come. I am eager to start planting new shrubs and flowers and perhaps even a few veggies. I was sad to leave those I had grown in NM but will start anew. I brought two little special roses from NM in pots and they are planted on the east side of the courtyard. (story of these in "There were Roses" post about a year ago--11 Dec 18 I see) They seem to have taken hold and more will join them before long as well as lilacs, forsythia and maybe some iris. I'll have to protect them from the deer and the rabbits but that courtyard will be an even better place with such beauty to grace it.

So now, a few more photos, inside and out. I took over the well house for a storage place and we have a lot of stuff in the stable which has four big stall areas and a central lane. The walls are not full height but offer some protection and there is a roof, fairly sound. An adjacent feed barn and tack room has more space to be used also. That's more spring work waiting until the right time!

Charlie is getting anxious to start reassembling his big work benches that we tore down to move and arranging the garage so he can work on many projects there. I am supposed to get one section of wall and its adjacent floor space for my jewelry and rock shop but we'll see. If there is not room enough I may get one of those 'cabin sheds' which have fascinated me for some time. For now all that material is boxed up and stored. All in good time...

Living room first day

 Living room now--I shortened the curtains

Kitchen, dining area
Storage in well house--actually
where only  pressure tank is housed



My special roses


Stable area. Well house on far left. 

No comments:

Post a Comment