Welcome to my World

Welcome to the domain different--to paraphrase from New Mexico's capital city of Santa Fe which bills itself "The City Different." Perhaps this space is not completely unique but my world shapes what I write as well as many other facets of my life. The four Ds figure prominently but there are many other things as well. Here you will learn what makes me tick, what thrills and inspires me, experiences that impact my life and many other antidotes, vignettes and journal notes that set the paradigm for Dierdre O'Dare and her alter ego Gwynn Morgan and the fiction and poetry they write. I sell nothing here--just share with friends and others who may wander in. There will be pictures, poems, observations, rants on occasion and sometimes even jokes. Welcome to our world!

Friday, January 3, 2014

A Little Inspiration for Jan 3

A good friend of mine posted this to my yahoo group of creative friends who support, enjoy, tease, console and encourage one another!! I do not think she will object to my sharing it here. The author is Esther Luttrell, a writer of mysteries, some inspirational work (Dear Dean--Love Mom comes to mind) and film scripts. She is an amazing lady and very talented and also very strong and deeply rooted in her faith. A couple of links: www.estherluttrell.com and esther.luttrell.7 on facebook. I think you will love her as I do!

Anyway here is what she shared: (I think it is beautiful and awesome!!)

I just had a thought that I want to share, though it may be an idea you 
came up with long ago. 

It hit me that there is a whole blank canvas stretched out in front of 
us...absolutely blank! Ready to be filled with whatever images and colors 
WE want to put on it! 365 blank pages on which WE may write the story that is in 
our heart ... 

It has never before struck me with such force that ... even though we are 
given an allowance of 24 hours every single day of the year, free to 
spend as we will ...we have an entire uncharted year in which to steer our 
ship to whatever destination we choose ... Or we can drift ... There are no 
rules! There are consequences, but no rules.  

Storms will come up out of nowhere, for sure. Winds will blow us off course 
from time to time, but nothing - nothing! - can keep us from having a journey of 
our own choosing. 

What a joyful notion! A blank book in which we can write this 2014 chapter 
exactly as we choose to write it ... 

I will endeavor to write a life book of hope and joy and inspiration, 
of courage and kindness, of adventure and spirit and faith ... I will set my 
sights on the sky not the trenches ... I will do my ever loving best to remember 
that it is ALL a matter of choice. Even when the negativity comes slamming into 
us, how we deal with that negativity is still our choice! 

So much good is waiting for us! So much excitement is here, this moment, 
waiting to be recognized and enjoyed. Even the pain of remembering those 
we have lost this past year is sweet because we know that life cannot 
die, it can only change forms. We are wonderfully made of star stuff, durable as 
Teflon, flexible as a willow, strong as our faith allows. 

I don't wish you a wonderful new year ... It is much stronger than a wish. 
I SEE a wonderful New Year for you! I see you living each moment in harmony with 
everything around you... 

365 days! Just think! Yours to do with as you will. 

No comments:

Post a Comment