Welcome to my World

Welcome to the domain different--to paraphrase from New Mexico's capital city of Santa Fe which bills itself "The City Different." Perhaps this space is not completely unique but my world shapes what I write as well as many other facets of my life. The four Ds figure prominently but there are many other things as well. Here you will learn what makes me tick, what thrills and inspires me, experiences that impact my life and many other antidotes, vignettes and journal notes that set the paradigm for Dierdre O'Dare and her alter ego Gwynn Morgan and the fiction and poetry they write. I sell nothing here--just share with friends and others who may wander in. There will be pictures, poems, observations, rants on occasion and sometimes even jokes. Welcome to our world!

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Quilts and Spring time

Oh my, I have not popped in here as I mean to. I've been posting more on the Alaska blog since the Yukon Quest was run last month and now the Iditarod is underway. You can go over to gwynnmorganalaska.blogspot.com if you want to follow that.

Spring is still fitting and starting here. We have gorgeous days and yucky ones. No, no snow or really severe cold but just a lot of gray, some drizzle/snizzle wet stuff and wind. We did get 6/10 of an inch, which was very welcome, last week. The last couple of days clouds come up over the mountain almost like the summer rainy season "monsoon" stuff so we are now in the transition between seasons and that shows. Fruit trees are blooming like crazy, some iris and daffodils etc. are too. Lilacs are starting to leaf out. Many signs of spring appear on our morning walks and even the birds are serenading with spring sorts of songs. Soon, very soon. Then of course the windy season and a few inevitable 'brown out' dust storm days. No place is prefect but this winter seems to have been a bit more taxing here than the first three we went through. Still no huge snows, sub zero temps or anything really scary and rough. Count my blessings!

I finished the three lap robe sized quilts. Each one is different and both are two sided as I always make them. The last one I tied through yesterday. I'll put all pictures on my Pinterest page but here are the prime sides of each. They are "named"  Bridget's Cross, Celtic Camelot and Celtic Blues--all have fabric with Celtic inspired designs as a main component. Been fun! Now I really want to try some more scenery type hangings and get to work on some new jewelry ideas for the market as June will be here before I know it! Time flies, fun not withstanding.




No comments:

Post a Comment