Welcome to my World

Welcome to the domain different--to paraphrase from New Mexico's capital city of Santa Fe which bills itself "The City Different." Perhaps this space is not completely unique but my world shapes what I write as well as many other facets of my life. The four Ds figure prominently but there are many other things as well. Here you will learn what makes me tick, what thrills and inspires me, experiences that impact my life and many other antidotes, vignettes and journal notes that set the paradigm for Dierdre O'Dare and her alter ego Gwynn Morgan and the fiction and poetry they write. I sell nothing here--just share with friends and others who may wander in. There will be pictures, poems, observations, rants on occasion and sometimes even jokes. Welcome to our world!

Sunday, October 23, 2022

Memoir Monday, Oct 24, 1964

I was getting over the mumps after a miserable week. At last I could eat again!

Oct 24, 1964, Sat 

I’m really alive today and it was a good ‘un. I got up about 8:00 and had myself a good breakfast while the folks were gone and I did the dishes and sewed some. The Greening wedding was today. We saw them leave. Barbara the bride in white etc. I helped lead everyone up for drinks. They were good. We went to Cottonwood for grain and stamps. On our way home we stopped for mail. I got my photos, a new letter from Norm, a letter from Laura and one more very special one!! I’m now sure that my photo problem was a finger print on the lens. Only one on that roll was really messed so I guess I ruined about eleven in all. Well it could be worse. I’ll get them again. Dusty’s letter was so nice, gentle and touching like his note. Dear Dusty… I let Annie graze in the shop yard for two hours while I loafed in the sun. It felt great. They sure had a noisy party at Greenings this p.m. The beer flowed freely, I think. Half the company was literally smashed. I led up the pets again and then visited with Mrs Wease, read the paper, etc. while the fol;ks were gone.  I made cookies and we had a casserole for supper. I ate and ate so that I weigh 117 now. I’ll get back to 125 directly--only eight pounds to go. I’m late for bed so bye ‘til tomorrow. I’m writing Norm again but I love Dusty! Can’t help myself there; he won’t let me. He is so genuine and sweet.

The folks had been forced to handle the chores and did so without too many whines. Of course Charlie Mike did a lot. This time I was sick enough there was no question  So they were off at the pasture while I was home. All at once food tasted good and I ate with gusto. The indoor tasks were  not too onerous. I was out  of quarantine now and it felt good to leave the house. 

The special letter I received meant so much. Charlie Mike had brought me one note earlier in the week and I had seen Dusty drive by more than one afternoon but did not think he saw me. So a letter meant a lot as I still did not see him for several more days. The  photo comment refers back to a roll that was blurry. There was a fingerprint on the lens which I.cleaned and fixed it.  Ref my first picture of Dusty posted two weeks ago.

The family I mentioned lived across street. I  do not  remember much about them or even this incident. The rest is pretty self-explanatory and routine. No photos that fit this time. 

I am laboring under a disadvantage here but determined to make this work--more or less!! I did attach my trackball mouse as the touch pad  on this little machine is a pain but will need to put my larger keyboard on too.It is that or write stuff on the desktop and then copy over on a flash drive and paste in. Better next time I hope!! Thanks for the patience. Call it s**t happens  to the Nth power!

No comments:

Post a Comment