Welcome to my World

Welcome to the domain different--to paraphrase from New Mexico's capital city of Santa Fe which bills itself "The City Different." Perhaps this space is not completely unique but my world shapes what I write as well as many other facets of my life. The four Ds figure prominently but there are many other things as well. Here you will learn what makes me tick, what thrills and inspires me, experiences that impact my life and many other antidotes, vignettes and journal notes that set the paradigm for Dierdre O'Dare and her alter ego Gwynn Morgan and the fiction and poetry they write. I sell nothing here--just share with friends and others who may wander in. There will be pictures, poems, observations, rants on occasion and sometimes even jokes. Welcome to our world!

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Better late than never

Yes, I promised pictures of the globe mallow...and not yesterday!  I must start saying "next time" instead of tomorrow on these things! Stuff does happen and I get behind!! Anyway, here is the globe mallow and also a couple of views of a cholla cactus just starting to bloom. There are many forms of cholla from a tiny delicate one with pencil-thin pads or leaves to fat and 'fuzzy' looking teddy bear cholla which looks fuzzy but actually has zillions of tiny wicked needles! The type here are common in Arizona and New Mexico but I am not sure the name they go by. They do have lovely flowers, though! And did you know that roses are distantly related to cacti?? I was amazed to learn this but then it kind of makes sense!! Roses have thorns too as well as gorgeous flowers. BTW the four climbers I planted just about a year ago are doing great! I swear I inherited the green thumb from my late father-in-law whose yard and garden in Bisbee, AZ was amazing. Sadly it is long gone now. I've been lucky with roses for some time now.


No comments:

Post a Comment