Welcome to my World

Welcome to the domain different--to paraphrase from New Mexico's capital city of Santa Fe which bills itself "The City Different." Perhaps this space is not completely unique but my world shapes what I write as well as many other facets of my life. The four Ds figure prominently but there are many other things as well. Here you will learn what makes me tick, what thrills and inspires me, experiences that impact my life and many other antidotes, vignettes and journal notes that set the paradigm for Dierdre O'Dare and her alter ego Gwynn Morgan and the fiction and poetry they write. I sell nothing here--just share with friends and others who may wander in. There will be pictures, poems, observations, rants on occasion and sometimes even jokes. Welcome to our world!

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Note about The Daily Puppy

There seems to be a change in how this operates. Instead of the picture appearing on the blog page you now have to click on the doggie name and breed which will take you to their site and several pix pop up. That is okay too and I know most of my readers here are dog lovers... so feel free to take a peek! Today's pup is a Corgi--we think our BeeBee is part Corgi although she is also a good part Blue Heeler or Australian Cattle Dog. As I have said, I love the herding breeds especially although I have met very few dogs I did not like--or that did not like me! Still, the Aussies, the Heelers, the Border Collies, and even some of the big guys like the Berners and others hold a big chunk of my heart!! They are all so smart and seem to be especially caring,  devoted and full of love and fun yet so dedicated to their duty and fiercely protective of their herd or their persons. Such loyalty is wonderful and deserves a full measure in return. I pray for all those pets in Oklahoma--may they be reunited with their owners if possible or find new loving homes.

And a wonderful thing I just noted on Yahoo. There were three dogs in the Ohio house where the three young women were held prisoners. They were seized of course and now the three women will have the first chance to adopt them if they wish. It was assumed they knew and interacted with the dogs and maybe found comfort and solace with them so who better to help each other? Caring for a pet is proven to be very beneficial to injured and traumatized people. Returning vets are doing very well with dogs and some cats and both physical injury/therapy and PTSD effects are helped by this bond. Since these women are surely among the walking wounded, it would be wonderful if they can keep a dog and help assuage their pain. I thought that was so great!


No comments:

Post a Comment