Welcome to my World

Welcome to the domain different--to paraphrase from New Mexico's capital city of Santa Fe which bills itself "The City Different." Perhaps this space is not completely unique but my world shapes what I write as well as many other facets of my life. The four Ds figure prominently but there are many other things as well. Here you will learn what makes me tick, what thrills and inspires me, experiences that impact my life and many other antidotes, vignettes and journal notes that set the paradigm for Dierdre O'Dare and her alter ego Gwynn Morgan and the fiction and poetry they write. I sell nothing here--just share with friends and others who may wander in. There will be pictures, poems, observations, rants on occasion and sometimes even jokes. Welcome to our world!

Friday, August 1, 2014

A few pics and small update

I'm still setting things up. I found out the ITC Headquarters is open seven days a week so I may visit there tomorrow or Monday. Also Anna Berrington, one of the racing twins, lives very near there  so it is likely I will meet the two of them there since it is easy to find. I've emailed Deedee Jonrowe and have a phone number now if that does not get a response. Willow is just about fifteen miles up Alaska 3, the highway I would follow were I going to drive to Fairbanks. That is where she lives so I have expectations of catching her soon. As with many efforts we have some hurry up and wait here.

As part of the fee for my staying here, I will be house sitting for my hostess for a few days while she flies down to the lower forty-eight, Las Vegas to meet a sister and a friend and plan for her upcoming fall wedding to her long term partner. Also keeping some tabs on her two teens who do not need a sitter but an adult to keep things legal and not too crazy but that will not chain me here so long as I come and go a bit randomly and make sure no parties etc.! She will be back the day before I head off to Fairbanks.

Another rather cloudy but mild day and rain farther west/north is not supposed to get here, at least for a few days. So all is well. Below are the pix; not edited since I do not have a program to do much of that on this mini-puter.

The first is a view of the lake and mountains from close to the house here; the second is the promised selfiue of me in the same locale and the next is an afternoon scenic view and then a view of the house, Alaska style modern--no log cabin but a steep roof to shed the snow.They are not placing well; internet is flaky today.The white SUV (a Toyota) is the car I may use. The red one is her son's friend.



No comments:

Post a Comment