Welcome to my World

Welcome to the domain different--to paraphrase from New Mexico's capital city of Santa Fe which bills itself "The City Different." Perhaps this space is not completely unique but my world shapes what I write as well as many other facets of my life. The four Ds figure prominently but there are many other things as well. Here you will learn what makes me tick, what thrills and inspires me, experiences that impact my life and many other antidotes, vignettes and journal notes that set the paradigm for Dierdre O'Dare and her alter ego Gwynn Morgan and the fiction and poetry they write. I sell nothing here--just share with friends and others who may wander in. There will be pictures, poems, observations, rants on occasion and sometimes even jokes. Welcome to our world!

Sunday, April 3, 2016

Three poems I found

The first one was written in June, 2004. At that time I had been widowed for about six months and was trying to reinvent my life and decide what I was going to do with the rest of it. I am not sure I am done with that yet --she says with a wry grin!--but I have done a number of things and hope to do more. Yet I am still, as I was then, much alone.

Although I share a home with my surviving brother, we go our own ways a lot and certainly give each other space. We are there if either of us needs anything but do not intrude too much on each others lives. The best of all possible worlds? Yes, to a large degree,but at times I still miss being part of a couple. By the way, I am still not sure what that last line in poem one was about--my own voice? A ghost? I guess you can believe what you choose.The last is both somewhat satirical and yet also dead serious...

And as always, my posted poems are copyrighted and only shareable with permission.


On Being By Myself
In deepening dusk I watch day die
And think back upon days gone by.
Remembering is bitter sweet;
Alone now,less than complete
After long years of being two—
My whole world centered around you.
I fill my days with busyness
But evening brings me some distress.
No one to talk to or to share
My thoughts, the day. No one is there.
For me life does go on, of course.
I shall survive and stay the course
But with the fall of night I miss
All I once had. Now loneliness
Lies over me as twilight falls.
In the dark, one small voice calls…

                        June 19, 2004

Fireworks
Blossoms of color burst into sight,
Brilliance and beauty filling the night.
Luminous patterns brighten the sky,
Blazing, then fading, still dazzle the eye.
Could I but keep one to draw out at will
When nights are too lonely, too stark, too still.
In mem’ry they linger, always and e’re,
In mind’s eye, in heart’s eye, to comfort me there. 
                                  undated, perhaps July 2004 or 2005

Phoenix
Out of the flame, I rose, I came.
Renewed, imbued, with attitude!
Purged of all shame, beyond all blame;
Distilled of dross, no less, no moss. (no mas?)
Just argent pure, e’re to endure.
Refined by fire, purged of desire,
A wish made real, flame doth anneal, and heal.
                                    undated


No comments:

Post a Comment