Welcome to my World

Welcome to the domain different--to paraphrase from New Mexico's capital city of Santa Fe which bills itself "The City Different." Perhaps this space is not completely unique but my world shapes what I write as well as many other facets of my life. The four Ds figure prominently but there are many other things as well. Here you will learn what makes me tick, what thrills and inspires me, experiences that impact my life and many other antidotes, vignettes and journal notes that set the paradigm for Dierdre O'Dare and her alter ego Gwynn Morgan and the fiction and poetry they write. I sell nothing here--just share with friends and others who may wander in. There will be pictures, poems, observations, rants on occasion and sometimes even jokes. Welcome to our world!

Sunday, July 3, 2016

Back home--kind of!

I have been away and also been silent for a bit. I have been tied up with getting some works going at new publishers, so far just my erotic romances, both straight and LGBT are in the queue. There are still four Gwynn Morgan books available at Mundania but I am not sure for how long as I really want to rework some of them. Those and the OOP ones  will be --probably--self-published within a few months to a year, at least started that way.

Where was I? Alaska, where else! Yes, Women Who Run With the Dogs is still an ongoing effort and it will probably be in that category for at least a year more. I'm chugging along on it but this one is a real heart book and my most ambitious and challenging literary effort to date.  To follow some of my adventures and efforts there, you can visit  gwynnmorganalaska.blogspot.com. This trip yielded the most progress yet and pretty well met my expectations which I had feared might be too high.

Here is my prize photo from the trip. At the Iditarod Committee's annual meeting/picnic and musher sign up day for the 2017 race, I actually got my two heroine lady mushers in one place, squeezed between than and had a picture taken! That is the amazing Deedee Jonrowe on my right: breast cancer survivor, marathon runner and 31 time Iditarod finisher. Yes, she is still racing! And on my left is Aliy Zirkle, three timer in second place, and top five the last five races. She was a special heroine in this year's race coming in 3rd after some terrible experiences on the trail. Believe me, they are real rock stars --they shine and rock with the best 'cause they are!--and they're also wonderful, warm and very down-to-earth ladies. I love them both like sisters.

Yes, I will be back doing more memoir pieces and sharing some verses, maybe more old tales and other fun stuff  very soon. Meanwhile happy Independence Day weekend to all. Be safe and be grateful for our wonderful freedom and space to live our lives as we choose, paid for by the red blood of many soldiers, sailors, airmen, coast guards and marines!  Darn right I am patriotic; I love my country with all my heart although I cannot say as much for the government most of the time.

I'll leave you with two poems. They may be old and a child's simple words, but I stand by my sentiments to this day!

          My Flag
I will always be true
To the red, white and blue
As it waves on flagpoles high
Flying,flying, in the sky
                        GMW, 1952

            Prayer
God bless America;
   Keep her strong.
Stop the people
   Who do her wrong.   

GMW, 1955
 Yes, I say amen to that today!

No comments:

Post a Comment