Welcome to my World

Welcome to the domain different--to paraphrase from New Mexico's capital city of Santa Fe which bills itself "The City Different." Perhaps this space is not completely unique but my world shapes what I write as well as many other facets of my life. The four Ds figure prominently but there are many other things as well. Here you will learn what makes me tick, what thrills and inspires me, experiences that impact my life and many other antidotes, vignettes and journal notes that set the paradigm for Dierdre O'Dare and her alter ego Gwynn Morgan and the fiction and poetry they write. I sell nothing here--just share with friends and others who may wander in. There will be pictures, poems, observations, rants on occasion and sometimes even jokes. Welcome to our world!

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Druids and Blessings

The image at the left here is the art work of a dear friend and fellow seeker a bit farther along
the Druid path than am I. The complex and subtle spiritual message and iconic symbols she wove into this picture of Brighid, ancient and modern goddess as well as Christian Saint speak to me in a powerful way! Perhaps it will resonate with you as well.

Today I had my annual eye exam and it is a huge relief to have that over for more reasons than one. Last year the doctor in Colorado told me that he thought he was seeing some traces of beginning macualar degeneration. I was rendered shocked and speechless and did not ask the questions that I should have. Very soon after that life devolved into a mad roller coaster ride with health and job and moving issues that totally consumed the next six-eight months of life. I worried about my vision but put it on the back burner. Lately that concern grew more pressing as the anniversary of my check up approached.

Needless to say there was an element of dread in going for this exam. It turned out better than I could have hoped and for that I give heartfelt thanks to the deities and spirits that I believe guard and protect me! The clinic for a small not super-rich town is very modern and well equipped. The staff were all great. I saw one of the doctors after the technicians did the routine stuff and he looked into my eyes, all the way through my head I think! He said both my cataracts and any other issues are advancing very slowly and when I confessed that losing my vision had always been one of my greatest fears, he smiled and patted my arm. "I don't see anything that should cause that to happen for a long time," he said. I nearly fainted with relief!

Almost everything I enjoy doing and want to continue requires at least adequate vision so I will continue to take my AREDS Formula 2 vitamins and wear my darker shades when out in the bright New Mexico son! And pray this good report will be repeated many times. Thank you, thank you!!

With this still in mind, once my eyes began to return to normal from the dilating drops, I went out to my work bench in the garage and 'played' with beads a bit. Some time ago I had strung a little fob for my phone that had a reminder to me to behave as I know I should. In a take off from the WWJD motto that has become popular the last few years, i use WWaDD or "What would a Druid do?" If they were/are as wise and gentle and attuned to the principles of Truth, Art and Kinship (my Tuatha de Brighid group is anyway) they would follow the golden rule and truly try to avoid being mean, judgmental, rude or causing any harm they can avoid to all in and on our earth and even beyond it. So "WWaDD" now hangs from my cell phone again, maybe more sturdily put together than one I had earlier and lost. I do need the reminder at times for I am not always the person my dog thinks I am and that disturbs me. Her sweet trusting eyes speak of such love and devotion I know I must work forever to be worthy of it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment