Welcome to my World

Welcome to the domain different--to paraphrase from New Mexico's capital city of Santa Fe which bills itself "The City Different." Perhaps this space is not completely unique but my world shapes what I write as well as many other facets of my life. The four Ds figure prominently but there are many other things as well. Here you will learn what makes me tick, what thrills and inspires me, experiences that impact my life and many other antidotes, vignettes and journal notes that set the paradigm for Dierdre O'Dare and her alter ego Gwynn Morgan and the fiction and poetry they write. I sell nothing here--just share with friends and others who may wander in. There will be pictures, poems, observations, rants on occasion and sometimes even jokes. Welcome to our world!

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Sunsets Part Two--verses

Poetry has been my favorite literary form for only a few less years than I have lived. I wrote my first simple verse at the age of eight. The first of these verses was written when I was the lofty age of twelve and becoming a bit more sophisicated in my rhymes! The others came along later... Thanks for sharing with me here!

Evening
When the sun is dying in the west
That’s the time I love the best--
When twilight begins to fall
Lending beauty and grace to all.
GMW, C: 1955

At Sunset
Such beauty spread across the heavens vast,
Such colors exquisite and unsurpassed.
It is a precious gift that gives such rapture
But it is too delicate, alas, to capture.
Its colors rare defy the artist’s hand;
Its creation only God can understand.
The sunset’s beauty holds me quite enthralled.
It can’t be kept but it can be recalled.
So when skies are gray as in December,
I simply close my eyes and then remember . . . .
GMW, 8 Apr 1963



Pensamientos Entre Dos Luces*

The rays of twilight reflect across the vacant hills.
The silence echoes in my responsive ears.
I listen to the silence and read its messages.
The sky is adrift now with the shades of sundown.
Its glow reflects in my eager eyes.
I absorb the glow and it colors my dreams.
The air is alive now with the vibrancy of silence.
Its music responds to the harmony of evening.
My soul matches chords with the music of night.
The earth is transformed by the beauty of nightfall.
My responsive spirit absorbs its splendor.
I am reborn and I too am beautiful.
The rays of twilight reflect in my eyes.
My soul’s voice echos the melody of silence.
The shades of sundown dye my face, my hair.
GMW, 1963
*Thoughts between two lights

Sunset Cipher
Coral and rose on faded blue,
Still at last ‘neath the broad dark sky,
Fragile runes traced in the sky
Above the patient mountain ranks.
My destiny is writ on high.
If I could only learn to read
In clouds the hidden, coded word.
What secrets might be known to me
That none have ever heard?
GMW, C: 1990

1 comment:

  1. You know I have always loved your poems. (still do) These are beautiful. I especially love Sunset Cipher. Speaks to my soul.

    ReplyDelete