Welcome to my World

Welcome to the domain different--to paraphrase from New Mexico's capital city of Santa Fe which bills itself "The City Different." Perhaps this space is not completely unique but my world shapes what I write as well as many other facets of my life. The four Ds figure prominently but there are many other things as well. Here you will learn what makes me tick, what thrills and inspires me, experiences that impact my life and many other antidotes, vignettes and journal notes that set the paradigm for Dierdre O'Dare and her alter ego Gwynn Morgan and the fiction and poetry they write. I sell nothing here--just share with friends and others who may wander in. There will be pictures, poems, observations, rants on occasion and sometimes even jokes. Welcome to our world!

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Coming Home is always good

I made my trip and got home yesterday evening. Four very enthusiastic dogs greeted me and that is such a lift. I recall from long years ago a Mother Goose rhyme about a lady who was attacked on the road and her skirts cut short. People laughed and mocked her but she kept saying, "I've a little dog at home and he'll know me." That is one thing your little dog is good for, or larger one--they will love you ragged, dirty, dressed up or whatever and that means so much! Rojito and Ginger have stuck close to me and Gin and I had a good walk this morning before I tackled unloading my rocks!

I am still waiting for the change to come. It will; I feel sure of that but the way events unwound did not bring it about at this time. But most of my angst was needless. I should learn by now! With my one friend, I found him where he was not expecting me and slipped up behind while he was talking to someone else and then said, "Hola amgio, como esta?" That translates loosely hello friend, how are you? He spun around and his face lit with a wide grin as he reached out to hug me. I could tell there was nothing faked or forced in that greeting. Then he had a very reasonable explanation for what had hit me wrong--and that was that. We're good. We talked awhile and went our separate ways with a parting hug. I spent the night with a girlfriend and her newish 'boyfriend' (for want of a better term) throwing my sleeping bag on a mattress she had in the living room awaiting a bed to be built by her partner. Then I went on to Arizona the next morning.

I went by my old home and loaded up all my gem and mineral and rock collection, visited with a couple of former neighbors and then went back to Benson which is right on the I-10 freeway where I had a room reserved. Yesterday I made a leisurely way home, mostly watching trains since the track parallels the highway from Benson to east of Deming with just a few zigs and zags. Then the only worry was for Joe since I had not been able to reach him and only talked briefly with his son who had arrived and did answer one call I made--curtly I have to say.  I'd sent text messages and since my notebook computer was not working well, had to wait on emailing.

I did learn that Joe's son and daughter in law had got to Phoenix and were there for him; they were not very pleasant to me, a stranger and he was in isolation because of the infection. It's not quite one of those horrible flesh eating ones but bad. But then late last night I got an email--his phone had been either stolen or maybe the kids took it and was out of service but he still had his tablet and was feeling some better. He hoped to get out of the ICU today and I hope to hear of that soon. Gods willing, there will be other chances to get together and have some fun in the future.


Here are a couple of pictures I took at Stein's Pass which is right on the Arizona-New Mexico border! I saw this stack train pass at Dragoon, a small town between Benson and Willcox in Arizona and followed it all across the route until it finally disappeared on me east of Akela, which is between Deming and Las Cruces! There the main line track heads south to El Paso. Anyway I  knew with the right light that this pass area would yield some great photos and I was not disappointed; even with my fairly low end digital camera, I got two calendar worthy shots!!

So I guess as the saying goes all is well that ends well? I woke this morning for a bit at 2:22 so had to check that number and it also speaks of change: "Have faith. Everything's going to be all right. Don't worry about anything as this situation is resolving itself beautifully for everyone involved." Well, that is reassuring! I'd like to know what and how but took that as an omen that Joe will recover in time. Whatever else I have no clue!

Some very interesting books arrived Saturday after I had left to add to three I got last week from a very dear friend who ordered them for me. She knows I am fascinated by nature and animals and these three are focused on that by a now deceased man who sounds amazing! So life is mostly good and I'm ready to tackle some new challenges and projects as well as work along on some older ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment