Welcome to my World

Welcome to the domain different--to paraphrase from New Mexico's capital city of Santa Fe which bills itself "The City Different." Perhaps this space is not completely unique but my world shapes what I write as well as many other facets of my life. The four Ds figure prominently but there are many other things as well. Here you will learn what makes me tick, what thrills and inspires me, experiences that impact my life and many other antidotes, vignettes and journal notes that set the paradigm for Dierdre O'Dare and her alter ego Gwynn Morgan and the fiction and poetry they write. I sell nothing here--just share with friends and others who may wander in. There will be pictures, poems, observations, rants on occasion and sometimes even jokes. Welcome to our world!

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Best laid plans...

Drat and dang. Bobbie Burns did have it right when he penned that verse. Mine have gang aglee for sure for over a week here as I have been down with an ugly flu-like bug that decided to morph into a nasty sinus infection while it was parasiting in me. I began to run a high fever over the weekend and ended up going to urgent care--try getting into your doctor on short notice these days--and coming away with a two-week dose of antibiotics. I'm allergic to lots of those but so far old-fashioned sulfa (did you know it was the first antibiotic to be used widely?) works for me and it is now coming back because a lot of nasty organisms have not built up a resistance to it due to long limited use. After seven of the twenty-eight horse-choking capsules taken, I am feeling better, like there may be life when this is over after all. Sheesh!! Give me another day or three to regain my stride.

I got word that I will have two releases at Amber Quill in May, the reissue of another Gwynn Morgan novel and a new Deirdre O'Dare story as well. If you want more on that you will have to pop over to the DeirdreDares blog. 'cause I don't sell books here. That is just offered in passing.

My other big project is still in waiting--for some replies back to the letters I have already sent out, to far-away Alaska. I will let a cat's whisker out of the bag and confess that one was to the Iditarod Trail Committee--they will answer I am pretty sure once the extensive business of finishing the 2014 race stuff is done--and to several of the currently living lady mushers who go back to the early days and some of the current ones. I will also say that it involves a proposal for a book...  A lot more soon, guaranteed! So meanwhile cross your fingers and say a prayer or two for me that I can make this happen. It will be special and different and  something of a lot more substance than any of my fiction has ever been. Maybe my legacy as a writer, in some ways.

How can anyone help but love those beautiful dogs? This image is owned by the Committee but I share it with all respect and honor. Hasta luego!

No comments:

Post a Comment