Welcome to my World

Welcome to the domain different--to paraphrase from New Mexico's capital city of Santa Fe which bills itself "The City Different." Perhaps this space is not completely unique but my world shapes what I write as well as many other facets of my life. The four Ds figure prominently but there are many other things as well. Here you will learn what makes me tick, what thrills and inspires me, experiences that impact my life and many other antidotes, vignettes and journal notes that set the paradigm for Dierdre O'Dare and her alter ego Gwynn Morgan and the fiction and poetry they write. I sell nothing here--just share with friends and others who may wander in. There will be pictures, poems, observations, rants on occasion and sometimes even jokes. Welcome to our world!

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

The Desert Contrarian Has Her Say

Yep, that is me. When I was much younger I always said I would be a misanthrope when I grew up and also an eccentric old lady when I got old. Well, I am not Old  yet but but it won't be too much longer. I have not yet retired to the hermitage of the hollow Cottonwood Tree along some southwestern stream that I once envisioned but that day may come. You know, a kind of Hobbit Hole house in a huge old tree. Not too practical obviously but a neat idea. The eccentric old lady is emerging like a moth from its chrysalis, full grown and ready to fly--off the handle, to conclusions and into a hissy fit with little notice! ROFL.(Okay, hissy fits are technically thrown, not flown into but you get the idea.)
 Riding off into the mustard yellow sunset on my trusty steed...


And contrary is something I have always been. Last night I woke up once and found a peculiar notion rattling around in my head. A bit of background is needed here. I get  Feng Shui tips as well as a western and a Chinese horoscope and my one card tarot reading each day in email from an outfit called Astrology.com. They do bombard you with ads to purchase special readings, conversations with live psychics and such but the little fun things are free. Check it out.

Now how the lady who does the Feng Shui stuff does it I cannot say but she comes up each day with a supposed factoid that this is the national or international day of such and so. And then ties a feng shui tip or trick to it. Amazing! There are days you never imagined, much less heard of, some quite marvelous and others totally ludicrous. Well, to make a long story short, I woke to find a "special day" idea bouncing around in my head. I rolled it across my tongue and said, "yes, I like it!" What was my day? How about "The National (or International, if you prefer) Cutting Through the Crap Day"? Doesn't that just have a fabulous ring to it? I can visualize standing up in varied places, perhaps starting with Congress or one's local state capital and screaming, "Shut up! This is The National Cutting Through the Crap Day" and I am cutting right through yours! Get back to facts and truth and right." Of course it is never going to happen but I can still smile from ear to ear at the thought.

So, my sisters and friends. go and cut through some crap! You will do the world a service and I am sure make yourself feel better. I may make it the National Week. Month or Year!! Let us unite and raise our voices in heartfelt protest.

More comments and offerings to come soon. I am slowly mastering Win7 and a laptop keyboard. Operative word is slowly but it is happening. At least I found that Word 2003 will run on Win7--thanks be to all the Powers!--and on we go from there. Once I have the first parts down I will attempt Word 2010 or maybe just jump to 2013.but I can write and such in the meantime. Whew.

Go in peace and harmony--but cut through the crap.


No comments:

Post a Comment