Welcome to my World

Welcome to the domain different--to paraphrase from New Mexico's capital city of Santa Fe which bills itself "The City Different." Perhaps this space is not completely unique but my world shapes what I write as well as many other facets of my life. The four Ds figure prominently but there are many other things as well. Here you will learn what makes me tick, what thrills and inspires me, experiences that impact my life and many other antidotes, vignettes and journal notes that set the paradigm for Dierdre O'Dare and her alter ego Gwynn Morgan and the fiction and poetry they write. I sell nothing here--just share with friends and others who may wander in. There will be pictures, poems, observations, rants on occasion and sometimes even jokes. Welcome to our world!

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Almost on the Launch Pad!

In twenty four hours I will be past security and waiting to board the first leg of my trip to Alaska! Thanks to the many friends who have wished me well as this exciting time draws near. I used to love to fly. Not so much now with all the hoops to be jumped through but once airborne it is still enjoyable. I'm just sorry it won't be in bright daylight for a good bit of the journey as I love to glue my nose to the window and just look--I do hope for a window seat although that is harder to get out of to move around a bit as I will need to for an 8-9 hour flight. But I have a book to read if that doesn't happen. Also hope it is not super crowded... But the main thing is getting there!! Other than swim or paddle my own canoe, I'd do whatever it takes.

I just got an email from Kristy Berrington, one of the twin sisters who are rising stars in the musher world and eager competitors getting stronger each year they run the Iditarod. They are willing to meet and talk to me while I am in the area. One lives near Wasilla and the other some distance away but to Alaskans, a couple hundred miles is even less than it is to Texans and the rest of us westerners. She's eager to learn more about my book, too. I'm sure we can make it happen.

I'm all packed and ready, really, and that's good since I am definitely not a put-it-off-til-the-last-minute kind of person! This way I can relax, spend some quality time with my dogs and rest a bit for what will be a very long day. Vaya con Dios, one and all.


No comments:

Post a Comment