Welcome to my World

Welcome to the domain different--to paraphrase from New Mexico's capital city of Santa Fe which bills itself "The City Different." Perhaps this space is not completely unique but my world shapes what I write as well as many other facets of my life. The four Ds figure prominently but there are many other things as well. Here you will learn what makes me tick, what thrills and inspires me, experiences that impact my life and many other antidotes, vignettes and journal notes that set the paradigm for Dierdre O'Dare and her alter ego Gwynn Morgan and the fiction and poetry they write. I sell nothing here--just share with friends and others who may wander in. There will be pictures, poems, observations, rants on occasion and sometimes even jokes. Welcome to our world!

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Challenges!!

This is going to be short, sweet not so  much! No pretty pictures but that may come soon. I am playing with a new toy and you've heard me whine about the old dog and new tricks before. It was a small challenge just to get here but since I want to be able to blog while on my rapidly approaching trip, I need to get a handle on this! As I say, the pictures may come later.

I'm using a dear friend's mini Acer netbook that she loaned me for the trip which is kind of a tablet-notebook cross with full computer level power and running Win7 as its OS. I'm still learning Win7 on my big laptop and --well, no sniveling allowed!

But I am here and two weeks from this very day I will be on my way to El Paso about now with my friend Jim (Jim5 as he is called at times--he knows and knows the reason) to deliver me to the airport to embark on this great adventure. Of course I an excited!

Anyway, I am adjusting to a keyboard that is slightly larger than me semi-smart cell phone's and too freakin' many new tricks to shake one of Ginger's "flute" sticks at! I am biting my lip on the naughty words and concentrating with all my ability. It's getting  better and the trip more real by the hour.

One final thing is to see if my camera will download pictures directly to a library here--new term; I think in terms of directories and folders being an old MS DOS user from back in the dim dawn of the computer age when you saw a black screen with a white C>: or something like that blinking at you! "Gee grandma, no touch screens or anything? That was caveman stuff!"  And indeed it was. So libraries to include one called my pictures. That's where I hope to get stuff from my Kodak digital camera to end up.

I also hate taking pictures with a phone! I mean I grew up with Ansel Adams stuff like Rolleiflexes and Leicas!! Even 35mm Nikons were kinda newfangled but I did go digital, just not phone pix and only a very few selfies!!

So upward and onward and I will keep y'all posted, okay? .

No comments:

Post a Comment