Welcome to my World

Welcome to the domain different--to paraphrase from New Mexico's capital city of Santa Fe which bills itself "The City Different." Perhaps this space is not completely unique but my world shapes what I write as well as many other facets of my life. The four Ds figure prominently but there are many other things as well. Here you will learn what makes me tick, what thrills and inspires me, experiences that impact my life and many other antidotes, vignettes and journal notes that set the paradigm for Dierdre O'Dare and her alter ego Gwynn Morgan and the fiction and poetry they write. I sell nothing here--just share with friends and others who may wander in. There will be pictures, poems, observations, rants on occasion and sometimes even jokes. Welcome to our world!

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

More dogs and desert summer

Yesterday I was a special guest on my friend Sue Ellen Welfonder's lovely Tartan Ink blog. Since she writes Scottish historicals and Scotland-linked paranormals my work is much different but we have been deep friends for a long time and I appreciated her letting me have a day and meet some  of her fans and friends there. Sue Ellen and I are miles apart in the environments we prefer. She loves the misty gray times, the stormy darkness and shuns the sun! I, as I often say, run on solar energy! But fittingly, yesterday was about as close to a "Sue Ellen Day" as we have in the desert.


As I mentioned earlier, we're in the start of the monsoon or summer rainy season. It tends to come in waves and if a wave of hot tropical moisture bumps into a cool front coming down from the north it triggers extra rain and wetness. The humidity was about 70% yesterday morning and the sky was mostly cloudy with great gray masses so heavy they were spilling down over the rugged hills. Since it is such a novelty here and only happens a few times a season, I love it! I had to get some pictures and here are a couple of them. The close hills are about a mile east of my home and rise very abruptly from around 4,000' where the town is to 6,500 and then on up to about 8,000 for the highest peaks. The other view is down the Tularosa Valley to the mountains between here and Las Cruces and El Paso at the end of this valley. The tree is in my yard and provided us with a batch of delicious apricots this year!!

I have had some worries with my little Belle, who you met two days ago, and will talk more on that another time but I will say I have her on some homeopathic medication now --trace minerals and herbs in ionized water--and it seems to really be helping her. I am soooo relieved! And lastly, I have to share a new picture of little Rojo. He has found my recliner--naps at siesta time in my lap but also ensconces himself alone at times too. I snapped this precious picture the other day. Isn't he adorable? But I make sure Belle knows she is still my #1 girl and will be until her last breath, which pray to all Powers will be some time yet!! Love is elastic and can always stretch to accommodate one more, especially one more of the K9 persuasion :-) .

No comments:

Post a Comment