Welcome to my World

Welcome to the domain different--to paraphrase from New Mexico's capital city of Santa Fe which bills itself "The City Different." Perhaps this space is not completely unique but my world shapes what I write as well as many other facets of my life. The four Ds figure prominently but there are many other things as well. Here you will learn what makes me tick, what thrills and inspires me, experiences that impact my life and many other antidotes, vignettes and journal notes that set the paradigm for Dierdre O'Dare and her alter ego Gwynn Morgan and the fiction and poetry they write. I sell nothing here--just share with friends and others who may wander in. There will be pictures, poems, observations, rants on occasion and sometimes even jokes. Welcome to our world!

Friday, July 13, 2012

No Coincidences!!

I'm a firm believer in the theory that there is no such thing as a coincidence! Everything happens for a reason or perhaps you chose for it to happen when you were mapping out this life in between visits to earth or earth-type places in your soul's journey or?? Well, there could be a zillion mechanisms that work here but serendipity is just amazing. The Druid philosophy would explain it as fate/destiny/karma kinds of things or in a few cases, lessons you need to learn.


The other day I guested on my friend Sue Ellen Welfonder's Tartan Ink blog. Of the members of her group that I chatted with there, one lived near where I had lived in California and another lived in the same town in Florida as my cousin and her husband lived for many years. Another had passed through my town--which is not large and kind of off the beaten path--a couple of weeks ago while making a delivery to El Paso! How could that be out of all the people who read romance and follow a popular author like Sue Ellen?? Good ole serendipity, maybe... Or perhaps the ancient Lady stylized in the pendant at right --again I got this in a Celtic knot of events which I will share sometime in the future. I am sure the Celts created their knot-work designs to symbolize the way events and people and life itself twists, twines and spirals back--they saw this very clearly and felt it was part of a sacred pattern. As do I!!

I'm a big fan of Freecycle and have made some great friends through that. It is better than eBay or Craig's List etc because people can both request things they need and offer stuff they no longer have a use for and exchanges and gifting take place. I saw a request the other day for sewing patterns and fabric to which I responded.. I've sewed all my life and still have some pieces of fabric I bought when I was in college and a length or two that my grandmother probably bought--one of them as both were seamstresses. I had many patterns almost the same too and knew I could spare a few yards of material I may never use. So we chatted by email a few times and I learned she is going back to college on line and interested in writing. In fact she is working on a factual tale about her problematic experiences with the medical community. Another friend and I are planning to form a publishing venture after she retires late this year and I am just editing a book she and another woman wrote about their experiences with cosmetic surgical procedures because there isn't nearly enough data out there from the patient's point of view. So my new friend's book is right along the same track! Coincidence? I don't think so!!

That is just a few recent examples. Several friends have been led and influenced by odd factors to locate and adopt a pet--when they were really not planning to or expecting it (Doggie Deity there) and my brother and I were not 'in the market' for a new dog, much less a very small one, when Rojito wandered in and dd his best to explain that he knew this was to be his new home. Yes, he is now totally at home and the big dogs have taken to him with nary a hitch or a growl. He is such an ingratiating little critter and very loving, wagging that long, fraying rope tail and looking at you so intently with those pretty little eyes. Belle is a bit stand-offish with most dogs, still not comfy with KayCee and tolerates BeeBee who always wants to lick her face but she is already attached to the little guy and him to her. I was very amazed! So it was another case of  'meant to be'

I could go on but I won't. You get the drift. I just find it wonderful and amazing and most of these things feel like a special gift of some kind. If you look there is a minor miracle or special gift in each day--even on the most bleak and grim and dark ones, some little omen or sign that Someone Above really cares and is watching after you, that the bad times will end and there is always some good to be seen if you take off those blinders and stop moping. Yes, we will hurt and grieve and suffer because learning and progress (the real spiritual and deep inner kind) does not come easy but never give up. Stay open to the sunbeams or moonbeams or starlight when they come. To wit, if you enlarge the picture at right you can find four planets shining in this sunset moment--two are dim and hard to find!--another of those special gift-sights.Not my photo; I think it is by an Arizona astronomer but won't name as I am not sure. But a wonderful picture anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment