Welcome to my World

Welcome to the domain different--to paraphrase from New Mexico's capital city of Santa Fe which bills itself "The City Different." Perhaps this space is not completely unique but my world shapes what I write as well as many other facets of my life. The four Ds figure prominently but there are many other things as well. Here you will learn what makes me tick, what thrills and inspires me, experiences that impact my life and many other antidotes, vignettes and journal notes that set the paradigm for Dierdre O'Dare and her alter ego Gwynn Morgan and the fiction and poetry they write. I sell nothing here--just share with friends and others who may wander in. There will be pictures, poems, observations, rants on occasion and sometimes even jokes. Welcome to our world!

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Someof my favorite pieces about dogs

I've been meaning to share these for awhile. Yuo may have seen most or all of them but I can re-read them a number of times and still feel touched, maybe tear up a bit. Each pece is special! Get your tissue box!

From the dog's point of view. This is so precious!!

 I rescued a human today.

 Her eyes met mine as she walked down the corridor peering  apprehensively into the kennels. I felt her need instantly and knew  I had to help her. I wagged my tail, not too exuberantly, so she  wouldn't be afraid.

As she stopped at my kennel I blocked her view  from a little accident I had in the back of my cage. I didn't want  her to know that I hadn't been walked today. Sometimes the shelter  keepers get too busy and I didn't want her to think poorly of them.

As she read my kennel card I hoped that she wouldn't feel sad about  my past. I only have the future to look forward to and want to make  a difference in someone's life. She got down on her knees and made
little kissy sounds at me. I shoved my shoulder and side of my head  up against the bars to comfort her.

Gentle fingertips caressed my neck; she was desperate for companionship. A tear fell down her cheek and I raised my paw to assure her that all would be well.  Soon my kennel door opened and her smile was so bright that I instantly jumped into her arms. I would promise to keep her safe. I  would promise to always be by her side. I would promise to do everything I could to see that radiant smile and sparkle in her eyes. I was so fortunate that she came down my corridor. So many more are out there who haven't walked the corridors. So many more to be saved. At least I could save one.

I rescued a human today.


And this one expresses my views totally. I *know* in the depths of my soul this is how it is and will be!! But I will have a whole pack and my herd of horses too...


Rainbow Bridge
Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

And this one is really special too. There is no "just a" of any creature that is made by the Divinity who made and cherishs us all! And don't ever say it's 'just a dog' to me! Those are fighting words!!

1 comment:

  1. OMG, Deirdre... I am crying too hard to type. Dear heavens, these go deep. I know the Rainbow Bridge by heart and absolutely believe, but I hadn't seen the other two.

    May I post the top one (Rescuing a Human)on Tartan Ink tomorrow? I'd link back to your site and note I saw at here, posted by you. I am sure the Tarts would love this. Please let me know.

    Love abd (((HUGS)))!!

    ReplyDelete