Welcome to my World

Welcome to the domain different--to paraphrase from New Mexico's capital city of Santa Fe which bills itself "The City Different." Perhaps this space is not completely unique but my world shapes what I write as well as many other facets of my life. The four Ds figure prominently but there are many other things as well. Here you will learn what makes me tick, what thrills and inspires me, experiences that impact my life and many other antidotes, vignettes and journal notes that set the paradigm for Dierdre O'Dare and her alter ego Gwynn Morgan and the fiction and poetry they write. I sell nothing here--just share with friends and others who may wander in. There will be pictures, poems, observations, rants on occasion and sometimes even jokes. Welcome to our world!

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Giving thanks

As I write this Belle is still with me and has been doing good since Friday afternoon. She still sleeps a a lot but when she is awake is alert and able to get around. She has actually trotted or even scampered around the yard some with the younger dogs and is holding her own. I am thinking the many prayers and healing energies sent out in her behalf from my special circle of friends have been of huge benefit here! She will be surrounded in love 24/7 until her last breath which is only right!.Ever dog deserves this as does every human; taht many do not get it makes me very sad.

This good time may not last and I know it cannot last forever but each good day she has that we can share is a special blessing and time I cherish. I may have a lead on a young female Aussie needing a home if she has not been adopted by the time Belle does leave me. My hope for the pup a good home soon as she is fostered, like Belle was, for now due to unfortunate circumstances but if it works out that she is to come to me--again it's in the Doggie Deity's capable and loving hands!--she will be loved and have a forever home. Her name is June-Bug, which I may change if she comes to me later on.

Here are the pix I mentioned of Rojito and Belle. There seems to be a real bond between them and he loves to go on our gentle little walks. We resumed them yesterday after I let her rest through the weekend to be sure she was up to it again. I hope the LDS folk do not mind that we walk on their lovely grass. No messes are ever left--mostly none are made but Belle kind of prances in the soft wet green carpet and I think she harkens back to our home in Arizona where I had a nice patch of grass in the back yard that she loved to roll in. We have grass here too but not as lush and fine.
They were closer at first but she got partially up, actually backed a bit, at the first flash and did not get back down in quite the same place. She does not like flash or the small beeps a digital camera makes. I had the little black 'skid boots' on her rear feet as they give her more stability on the slick laminate floor we have and put down lots of rugs too. Only the bedrooms are carpeted and of course are now half dog-hair!!




He'd been right against her shoulder before she moved. I waited a bit and when she went back to sleep and I leaned over the coffee table to get the second shot--and another very similar. Anyway I am touched and pleased by their affection and bond.

Rojito seems to be a special little guy. He did not have a happy life before in some ways--he'd been at the pound and then adopted to a home where he was neglected but he is blossoming now and showing his sweet, sensitive--but mischievous nature!

No comments:

Post a Comment