Welcome to my World

Welcome to the domain different--to paraphrase from New Mexico's capital city of Santa Fe which bills itself "The City Different." Perhaps this space is not completely unique but my world shapes what I write as well as many other facets of my life. The four Ds figure prominently but there are many other things as well. Here you will learn what makes me tick, what thrills and inspires me, experiences that impact my life and many other antidotes, vignettes and journal notes that set the paradigm for Dierdre O'Dare and her alter ego Gwynn Morgan and the fiction and poetry they write. I sell nothing here--just share with friends and others who may wander in. There will be pictures, poems, observations, rants on occasion and sometimes even jokes. Welcome to our world!

Sunday, August 26, 2012

National Dog Day

I kid you not--today, August 26 is National Dog Day! I won't belabor the point since every day is dog day at my house LOL but I would suggest you give your furkid a special hug and treat today and remember to be thankful for the unconditional love and wonderful companionship that he or she gives you. Like the saying goes, "God help me to be the person my dog thinks I am."  I fall so far short, I know. It is humbling and sets a high bar for you to see the look in their eyes!

Belle and her "cousins" KayCee, BeeBee and Rojito got plenty of watermelon bites and the 'beefy sticks' they love as Charlie, my brother and I, ate our dinner. These dogs just love watermelon and both the soft and hard beefy sticks. The hard ones come from PetCo in plastic bags of about 5# or so--they are chopped rawhide compressed back into pencil sized sticks. The soft ones are the 'snack sticks' that come in bags at Walmart--NOT made in China and beef is the first ingredient. I do read the labels on all the food and treats my pets get. Charlie made a trip to Las Cruces earlier this week and stocked up on some treats our kids love--the beefy sticks, some little pillow-shaped bulk treats they get the last time they come in for the night and ginger bears, one of Belle's faves. Although I have to admit she never met a treat she did not like!!  Rojito is developing a fondness for them too! No, we do not have spoiled dogs--it's just that every day is dog day here!

No comments:

Post a Comment